Being a National Public Service Broadcaster, AIR is committed to empower all types of the masses/citizens by disseminating information and progamme on education and entertainment by having strong electronic Radio broadcast media using state of the art technology.
- To uphold and strengthen unity, national integrity, democratic and secular values, and communal harmony by informing, educating and entertaining people at large.
- To develop powerful electronic wireless communication medium to disseminate messages & information uniformly to reach to all type of people/masses of the country and also abroad.
- To broadcast timely, updated, objective, comprehensive and balanced news in unbiased manner and coverage of major events, and changes in socio-economic development and life style of national and international importance
- To achieve international standards in broadcast programme content and the signal quality through the strong electronic communication and Radio broadcast medium.
- To encourage international co-operation and global harmony.
- To act as a leading National Public Service Broadcaster.
- To develop well informed & educated societies in the country and also abroad by sufficient radio broadcast infrastructure.
- AIR objectives (in brief) are ; to disseminate messages and information freely and uniformly in unbiased manner, promote education and provide entertainment to all type of people at large with the help of state of the art Radio Broadcast Technology
- For AIR Stations, Frequency Schedules and DTH services, information, etc., please visit our websites: www.allindiaradio.org., www.newsonair.com.
Values and Standards
- AIR follows international and national level Social & Cultural values and standards in Broadcasting.
- AIR is committed to increase transparency and accountability in its functioning in broadcasting field by leveraging state of the art broadcast technology with more effectiveness & efficiency.
- Acknowledge all complaints and grievances within 7 days and reply within 30-60 days approx.